My new Philips 1 GB MP3 player
I got me a late Christmas present – a 1 GB Philips MP3 player! This spiffy device is such a relief over my iPod. Phew. I can already sense a change in my mood.
So many plus points!
- It was a breeze to setup – no software to install (though it comes with a CD). I simply connect it using my regular USB-mini USB cable, and presto, it appears as the regular E:. Copy my MP3s, and it is ready to go.
- Runs on a simply AAA battery. Clearly, someone ought to tell Steve Jobs that if you are designing a portable music player, give the user the option of being truly portable.
- No iTunes! (no more comments)
- No weird format – plays MP3, wav, whatever you have. No need to convert (either music or religion)
- Much much smaller than an iPod, and the small visual screen shows the number playing just perfectly.
- You can use this as a voice recorder!
- Costs $42.98 from Walmart, as opposed to $149.99.
- Standards based:
- The same cable that I can use to connect to my blackberry, the bluetooth, camera, GPS can be used to connect to this Philips player. No reason to get a special iPod cable.
- Plays all standard music formats