May 28th, 2012
Two interesting vanity plates I saw recently:
- BC SUX: Indeed Miss it does. The work that Susan G. Komen and other organizations do is highly commendable. And so is the story of this event from Ghana.
- UC1DRB4U: Does it say “You see one dear before you?” Or is it “You see one deer before you?” Or something else?
August 18th, 2011
Saw some cool vanity plates recently.
April 14th, 2011
Doing a rideshare on I-66 gives me a lot of time to look at vanity plates on days when I am the passenger. Here are some recent ones:
- “SK GR8NS”- I have been seeking goodness for a long time, and now perhaps it is time to move from good to great.
- “SOYDPR” – Does this mean “Soy de Puerto Rico”? Si? Que bueno. Soy de la India. Mucho gusto. Nunca estuve en Puerto Rico, pero me gustaría visitarlo.
- “PHYZX 4 U” – Sounds good. I will let you know when I have a sudden urge to refresh my understanding of Navier-Stokes equations.
- “CRE8 LV” – The reverse (Love Creates) is true as well
- “NYC 212″ – Perhaps based on this, I should have “FFX 703″
- “13PT1 R” – Well, well, half a marathon is something to be very proud of – (Thanks to my good friend Bo for pointing this out).
- “XHT QA6″ – This I didn’t understand. Any help is appreciated.
March 17th, 2011
Recently saw the following vanity plates on my regular I-66 and I-495 commute.
- NY YNKEZ: Ok, we get it. Fine. I saw an SUV almost rear end this one. The SUV probably had Mets written on it. (I am just saying.)
- AQT B4U: Very nice. Although in this case, she was more to my side than really before me, but really nice.
- JNEFER: Nice and direct, but as I observed, Jennifer looked rather manly, complete with beard and moustache.
- MOCKBA: Very nice for “Moskva”, written in Cyrillic. You can check this out: New York Moskva
- BRE-SQRD: This I didn’t figure out, but second portion probably refers to squared. Any ideas?
November 23rd, 2010
Saw some nice vanity plates on I-66 and I-495 recently:
I don’t know if it refers to the kids or if it is a political statement on marriage.
Well, count me in.
This reminds me of an old story – foot prints in the sand.
September 1st, 2010
Saw this cool vanity plate – BNLFAN. Couldn’t decide for the longest time what sports team it refers to. If it was WRSFAN, I would think it is a local football team, or if it was BRSFAN, some baseball team might come to mind. Similarly if it was NYYFAN, sure, we get it.
So having run out of brain cells, google result points to a music group, whose “Pinch Me” song I really like.
[Photo courtesy: NorthBCWoman]
August 15th, 2010
This was not a sports car, but a sporty sedan, and the “BZOOMN” vanity plate was quite apposite, at least when I saw it close to the Trader Joe’s.
But the next day when driving to work I came across a different one – “H8N 6T6″. Now considering the every day mad house parking lot at I-66 (and everyone hating it), I was thinking that the BZOOMN gal probably does not drive on I-66, or she would certainly not be zooming.
Oh, and I had no idea that vanity plate was my most used tag. I probably need a new hobby.
July 1st, 2010
I always wanted to have a chess vanity plate, like Qxh7pp. Yesterday I came across a good one: e4Nf3, although I was wondering why not e4Nf6 or e4e5Nf3, but perhaps the person wants to make a point that he can play 1. e4 and 2. Nf3 IRRESPECTIVE of black’s first move.