May 28th, 2012
Two interesting vanity plates I saw recently:
- BC SUX: Indeed Miss it does. The work that Susan G. Komen and other organizations do is highly commendable. And so is the story of this event from Ghana.
- UC1DRB4U: Does it say “You see one dear before you?” Or is it “You see one deer before you?” Or something else?
December 8th, 2011
In this rare picture, courtesy of National Geographic, a titanium A-12 spy-plane prototype is shown suspended upside down at Area 51 in the late 1950s. How cool is this all, that this A-12 was nearly undetectable to radar, could fly at 2,200 miles (3,540 kilometers) an hour (fast enough to cross the continental U.S. in about an hour), and that it could take high resolution pictures of foot-long objects from a height of 90,000 feet (27,400 meters). And this was in the 1950s! (60 years later, and we still spend many hours getting cross the country.)
October 3rd, 2011
but they will also talk behind your back to news reporters, friends and even your dates.
August 18th, 2011
Saw some cool vanity plates recently.
April 22nd, 2011
Helen Beard, 44, of Worksop, England, was at an Econo Lodge Inn pool in Orlando when she saw a small child dangling from the balcony. She ran to a spot directly under Jah-Nea Myles and caught Jah-Nea and broke her fall before the child slipped from her arms and hit the ground. The child’s mother said that there was not a scratch on the child’s body. More details on this story here.
What an accomplishment for Helen – I am sure she is proud of herself. On the same note, thousands of doctors and other health care workers should also be proud of everyone they have saved, even though their work gets less headline coverage.
I am sure Andrew Strauss and Jonty Rhodes are thinking – What a catch!
April 14th, 2011
Doing a rideshare on I-66 gives me a lot of time to look at vanity plates on days when I am the passenger. Here are some recent ones:
- “SK GR8NS”- I have been seeking goodness for a long time, and now perhaps it is time to move from good to great.
- “SOYDPR” – Does this mean “Soy de Puerto Rico”? Si? Que bueno. Soy de la India. Mucho gusto. Nunca estuve en Puerto Rico, pero me gustaría visitarlo.
- “PHYZX 4 U” – Sounds good. I will let you know when I have a sudden urge to refresh my understanding of Navier-Stokes equations.
- “CRE8 LV” – The reverse (Love Creates) is true as well
- “NYC 212″ – Perhaps based on this, I should have “FFX 703″
- “13PT1 R” – Well, well, half a marathon is something to be very proud of – (Thanks to my good friend Bo for pointing this out).
- “XHT QA6″ – This I didn’t understand. Any help is appreciated.